Friday, December 5, 2008

Where are you Christmas?

To be honest, it doesn't feel like Christmas at all...I don't see the kind of enthusiasm in the many people I've seen last year compared to now...Our city has to take some austerity measures in celebrating the holiday season...You don't see, the grandiose lights and lanterns that use to fill the City Hall and the nearby park. Some known establishments, popular for their Christmas decors and designs are not in the mood for Christmas at all...It's as if Christmas won't come that they just ignored it....I guess people are not that enthusiastic to celebrate especially that 2009, looks like a very depressing year with the effects of global crisis in the offing....

Fortunately, while heading to one of my favorite fastfood, I happen to passby a house where Christmas is everywhere...It gave me delight and the feeling of glee, as I see the shimmering and glittering lights all over the place...I even enjoyed the sight wherein kids had so much fun seeing the lights and designs and the manger created at the center....It had there Baby Jesus, the symbol of light and hope when everyone else has pessimism in them....(By the way this house they say is owned by Jolina Magdangal's grandmother)





The whole site made me feel more optimistic again and it gave me the drive to strive harder to make Christmas and the New Year the best ever....

Speaking of Christmas, I'd like to share to you this beautiful song "Where are you Christmas" sang by my fave country singer Faith Hill, written by my fave singer-songwriter Mariah Carey and was featured in the film "Grinch" by my fave Jim Carrey. This clip features 3 versions 2 of which are featured on the film.

1 comment:

Alec said...

What I really like about Christmas? No, it's not the decors nor the gift giving. But the memories of a childhood long gone...