Sunday, April 26, 2009

Let's go algo

Whenever I read former QA colleague Alex's replies on my whines and complaints about life in my facebook and friendster, I would also remember how childish and softy this tough-looking ghetto guy. His fascination with toys, his snore when he sleeps (at the middle of monitoring a very boring call)and that video streaming addiction.

His issues and problems about streaming before was so huge, that I thought of him as Alextream.

Anyway, one of Alex's favorite video streaming activity is viewing this series of Japanese Algorithm dances.

I googled the word Algorithm and it says, it is a specific set of instructions for carrying out a procedure or solving a problem, usually with the requirement that the procedure terminate at some point. Specific algorithms sometimes also go by the name method, procedure, or technique.

I know for a fact that Algorithm is a mathematics term but I didn't know that it could also be used for a dance or in an art form. I guess this video, below (that Alex is so fond of), can explain everything. I guess that specific and calculated steps in this dance makes it very mathematical (if there's such a word). Anyway, hope you enjoy this clip, as much as I and Alex do.

1 comment:

Kokoi said...

i love the video! had fun watchin it!